Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My First Blog

So for months now I've been contemplating creating a blog to share and record my expereinces with motherhood thus so far as well as blog about important event in my life. So bear with me while I learn to navigate my new adventure in the blogging world...

On 9-28-07, our baby boy Gavin enter this world and our lives at 8:33 p.m. weighing in at 8 lbs. 8 oun. and 21 3/4 inches long. After 12 hours of labor and dilating only 5 centimeters, Dr. Sutton made the decision to do a c-section. K & I were both nervous but he concealed this from me in order to keep me sane and brave. Like most my mothers, it was the most amazing experience in my life. The moment I heard my baby boy's first cries, I experienced a love like no other. I will never forget this day. Ever. It will forever be etched in my mind as singlehandily the most significant day in my life. On this day not only was a new baby born but a new mother was born too.


Gavin has changed and grown so much since his birth...like most new parents we experience many trail and errors while we adjusted and continue to learn the fine art of parenthood. I'll admit I've cried more than once during the first few weeks after Gavin came home. It was the happiest yet the hardest time in our lives and there were times I thought I would not survive but here we are almost 5 months later standing strong and closer than I thought possible.


Gavin has changed so dramatically in the last few months. He's been smiling since birth and honestly believe it wasn't gas. He started cooing at about 2 weeks and laughing shortly after turning a month. At about 2 months he learned to purposefully grasp toys on his swing. His fine motor skills develop at this time too as he spun the ball in his toy...too cute! At around 3 months, he learned to hold up his head during tummy time and enjoys smiling at his image in the mirror. The tone of his cries have changed too. No longer does he have that newborn cry, now his cries are getting louder and it seems he even tries to stifle it...sound like mmm...mmm. He's also had many first...Halloween, welcome home party, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Uears, and more recently Valentine''s Day. We try to chronicle these through the gazallions pics we've taken and now through this blog I hope to provide a record of his milestones. *A side strange note: I have this obesssion with taking pics of baby G sleeping.


So far he's had two rounds of immunizations and he was not a happy camper but fortunately he didn't suffer a fever after the shots. He had a cold/cough in Dec. and currently has an ear infection (poor baby). He's in good spirits though, smiling and playing despite his condition.


He also has been on an airplane 3x so far. It is really difficult to travel with an infant, packing his clothes and gear is a major process in itself. Going through security check is daunting but luckily for me, Gavin travels well. So far, he hasn't cried and enjoys listening into my conversations with whomever is sitting next to us or he falls asleep after I feed him. I hope he always travels well but we'll see...

About a week ago, Gavin ate rice cereal for the first time. He didn't fuss or object. In fact, he took well to being spoon fed and was content afterwards. Yesterday I bought two jars of baby food (peas and sweet potato) which I will introduce in the morning for breakfast over the next few days. We also finally bought him a bumbo seat. He seems to like sitting in it but tires after 10 minutes or so. I hope the bumbo helps him with his neck muscle development and eventually sitting unassisted.


Well that's Gavin's development in a nutshell. Of course I deleted some events but with this blog I intend to continue to updating important events in our lives to share with the important people in our lives.



No comments: